ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits Question

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adam111
Newly Registered

Benefits Question

Post by adam111 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Hi,

1) If my wife gets a spouse visa do I have to let the benefits people know that I now have a partner (who doesn't work and doesn't have any income) and will that affect her visa?

2) Can I claim Child tax credits (via Universal Credits) in JOINT NAMES, will that affect my wife's visa?

Thank you

Casa

Re: Benefits Question

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:24 pm

adam111 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:43 pm
Hi,

1) If my wife gets a spouse visa do I have to let the benefits people know that I now have a partner (who doesn't work and doesn't have any income) and will that affect her visa?

2) Can I claim Child tax credits (via Universal Credits) in JOINT NAMES, will that affect my wife's visa?
Thank you
Why have you opened a new topic to repeat the same question? Please continue in the thread you already have.
immigration-for-family-members/will-my- ... l#p1826215
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.