ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits/ spouse visa application

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Skhan970pk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Benefits/ spouse visa application

Post by Skhan970pk » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:07 pm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there,
My question is about that I’m a British national and currently living with my sisters family temporarily so if I apply for for a council flat or house on my own single assessment, would not there be any harm to my wife’s
future spouse visa application as she is currently in Pakistan and next year I’m planning to sponsor her visa application. And if I’m lucky enough to get a flat or a house on my own single assessment, would she be legally
allowed to join me to stay into that flat once her visa application is approved and she comes to the UK to join me, and would I also be allowed by the council to use their accommodation as proof where I will be going to
accommodate my spouse after her entry clearance from abroad, Pakistan.
Many thanks to all in advance

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Benefits/ spouse visa application

Post by JB007 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 am

Skhan970pk wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:07 pm
And if I’m lucky enough to get a flat or a house on my own single assessment, would she be legally
allowed to join me to stay into that flat once her visa application is approved and she comes to the UK to join me, and would I also be allowed by the council to use their accommodation as proof where I will be going to
accommodate my spouse after her entry clearance from abroad, Pakistan.
Public funds are -
-most welfare benefits,
-social housing,
-homelessness assistance
-social care.

The council will have to give their permission for your wife to live your council flat, but she must not have her name on the tenancy as a joint tenant as that will be taking public funds.

Skhan970pk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Skhan970pk » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Dear jb007
My wife as I mentioned earlier She is in Pakistan at the moment and next year I will be sponsoring her visa application.
I want to apply for for council house or flat on my own single assessment, not including her neither I can, but if I manage to get one? My question is will I be legally allowed to accommodate her with me in that flat or house when she arrives, and will council also allow me to make papers of that flat as an accommodation proof whilst sponsoring my wife’s visa application?
Thanks if you could explain as information required.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:36 am

Skhan970pk wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:33 pm
I want to apply for for council house or flat on my own single assessment, not including her neither I can, but if I manage to get one? My question is will I be legally allowed to accommodate her with me in that flat or house when she arrives, and will council also allow me to make papers of that flat as an accommodation proof whilst sponsoring my wife’s visa application?
How can we know what the council will say?

Even if you do can manage to get a 1 bedroom council property (single person), you don't have to keep that property, you can leave and rent privately.

Skhan970pk
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Skhan970pk » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:22 pm

Thanks jb007 but question still remains there. I know I can rent property privately at anytime. Question is if I manage to get one from council, will it legally be allowed to accommodate my spouse when she comes to the UK afterwards.
Home I have explained my question this time.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:25 am

Skhan970pk wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:22 pm
Thanks jb007 but question still remains there. I know I can rent property privately at anytime. Question is if I manage to get one from council, will it legally be allowed to accommodate my spouse when she comes to the UK afterwards.
Home I have explained my question this time.
Already answered above.
JB007 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 am
The council will have to give their permission for your wife to live your council flat, but she must not have her name on the tenancy as a joint tenant as that will be taking public funds.