ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benifits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marcy
Newly Registered
Grenada

Benifits

Post by Marcy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi
I am new to this forum and just needing a bit of advice.
I have permanent residency in the UK and married, my husband is on the 10 year route spousal visa and we get child benefit and tax credit for our daughter.
A year ago all this changed when his uncle came to visit and abandoned his 3 children with us. Children services were involved and after 5 months gave me the forms to claim child benefit and that I add all 3 on my tax credits award. For some time now I have been worried because they have no stay in the UK so how are they entitled to receive these benefits. We had to go to court to get a child arrangement order and the judge told us we are just like their grandparents.
Please help i would really appreciate your help.
Thank you

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Benifits

Post by JB007 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:16 pm

Marcy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:40 pm
Hi
I am new to this forum and just needing a bit of advice.
I have permanent residency in the UK and married, my husband is on the 10 year route spousal visa and we get child benefit and tax credit for our daughter.
A year ago all this changed when his uncle came to visit and abandoned his 3 children with us. Children services were involved and after 5 months gave me the forms to claim child benefit and that I add all 3 on my tax credits award. For some time now I have been worried because they have no stay in the UK so how are they entitled to receive these benefits. We had to go to court to get a child arrangement order and the judge told us we are just like their grandparents.
Please help i would really appreciate your help.
Thank you
You might want to visit the CAB as they should know the immigration rules and the benefit rules. If needs be, they can direct you to a solicitor.

Find your nearest Citizens Advice
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/

Marcy
Newly Registered
Grenada

Post by Marcy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Thank you
I have been to see them and they had told me they cannot give such advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:38 am

Marcy wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:03 pm
Thank you
I have been to see them and they had told me they cannot give such advice.

That's strange. Did you ask for somebody who knew the immigration rules?

Phone the Tax Credit benefit helpline, and the Child benefit helpline, and ask them. Their contact numbers will be on your award letters.

Perhaps you could ask your child services contact, under which rules they are allowed to stay in the UK?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 am

Perhaps your case was too complicated for the CAB?

If you want more children, you won't be able to have anymore low income benefits for them (Tax Credits, Housing Benefit or their replacement Universal Credit) because there is a two child limit now and you are claiming for 4 already.