ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british national with wife on pbs dependent visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sajjad786110
Newly Registered

british national with wife on pbs dependent visa

Post by sajjad786110 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:41 pm

Dear all

i am a British national (previously a pbs tier 1 visa holder) for the past three years and i have 2 children aged 18 and 16 (both British)
my wife is a pbs dependent visa holder on the basis of me. i have recently being made redundant and I wish to know that am i eligible to claim any benefits on my basis and also would claiming benefits would affect my wife ILR application in future.

thanks

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: british national with wife on pbs dependent visa

Post by JB007 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:26 pm

sajjad786110 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:41 pm
i am a British national (previously a pbs tier 1 visa holder) for the past three years and i have 2 children aged 18 and 16 (both British)
my wife is a pbs dependent visa holder on the basis of me.
Did you get ILR on 10 years ?
sajjad786110 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:41 pm
I have recently being made redundant and I wish to know that am i eligible to claim any benefits on my basis and also would claiming benefits would affect my wife ILR application in future.
A British citizen residing in the UK can have benefits, if they quailify for them.

New Style JSA is a contribution based benefit for those paying type 1 National Insurance in the last two relevant years. This benefit won't take into account your wife's earnings or your redundancy money and savings, as it is contribution based.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-style-j ... -allowance

There is the means tested benefit called Universal Credit which you can see if you qualify for. You claim as a couple for UC as you must be linked because your wife's earnings, capital etc are used in your sole calculation, but you must not take extra benefit money for your NRPF wife.
claiming-benefits/universal-credit-clai ... 02126.html

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guid ... de-content

Child Benefit you would already be claiming if you (and your wife) earn under the CB cap.

sajjad786110
Newly Registered

Re: british national with wife on pbs dependent visa

Post by sajjad786110 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:38 pm

I got ILR based on pbs system (not on the 10 year route)