Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit for non UK born Child

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
Newly Registered
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 pm
Location: Basingstoke

Child Benefit for non UK born Child

Post by linkarif » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Dear All,

I need expert's advise for claiming child benefits.

I recently got ILR on 10 years route which was switching from tier-1(G).

My son is granted FLR(FP) with no recourse to public funds and letter stating that sponsor is not eligible to claim public funds on children behalf.

My son was not born in UK and always remained on dependent visas with no recourse to public funds.

My wife is also on FLR(FP) visa with no recourse to public funds.

Could Experts please clarify

1)whether I can claim child benefits with out breaking law?(Please provide UKVI official reference or judgement/case law)
2)Whether my son will have any problems with regard to next visa extension or ILR application?
3) Whether I will face any problems with regard to my Naturalization?

I'll be very grateful.

Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:09 am

Re: Child Benefit for non UK born Child

Post by Everyday4u » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:24 pm


1) yes, you can claim child benefit. And clearly mention in form that he is restricted to Public fund. Therefore, Child benefit letter will issue in your name only because its you who claim not the child.

2). There shall not be any issue/problem in his extension/ILR

3). Neither you will have any problem in your Naturalization.

Post Reply