ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit form Query

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surabhi

Child benefit form Query

Post by surabhi » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 am

Hello Friends..
I assume that child having ILR(parents are ILR/BC) can get the child benefit?Pls correct me if my assumption is wrong..

I was looking at the child benefit claim form and get confused with Query #13.ie
'Are you currently entitled to child benefit?, if yes give elder child's details'

If I haven't used the child benefit till date, what should be my answer?

I was confused because, if I am putting 'yes', then the next part is elder child details..does that mean, its applicable for people who are already using it and applying for another child?

thanks
Surabhi.

Casa

Re: Child benefit form Query

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:12 pm

surabhi wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 am
Hello Friends..
I assume that child having ILR(parents are ILR/BC) can get the child benefit?Pls correct me if my assumption is wrong..

I was looking at the child benefit claim form and get confused with Query #13.ie
'Are you currently entitled to child benefit?, if yes give elder child's details'

If I haven't used the child benefit till date, what should be my answer?

I was confused because, if I am putting 'yes', then the next part is elder child details..does that mean, its applicable for people who are already using it and applying for another child?

thanks
Surabhi.
On the Child Benefit form CH2, this question is actually #14.
If you have ILR or BC and are the claimant and haven't previously claimed for a child, the answer is 'Yes'.

You then give the name of the eldest child you are claiming for in question #15.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

surabhi

Re: Child benefit form Query

Post by surabhi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:25 am

thank you for the reply.
I am using below link CH2 form

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... nglish.pdf

In this ,

Q12)Have you claimed Child Benefit for any child(ren) before?
My ans- No
Then it asks to skip Q13 itself..If my answer doesn't really mean that I was not entitled..So if the question is really about 'whether I am eligible' then it should allow me to go to Q13,which is below.

Q13)Are you currently entitled to Child Benefit?

This is what confused me.