ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit joint claim confusion

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Child Benefit joint claim confusion

Post by hussain1988 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:37 am

Hi

I called Child Benefit they told me to make a joint claim as Im married meaning I'm the maint applicant that means im getting the Child benefit in my Name to my Bank account.

I told them the situation that she's under immigration control has no recourse to public funds they told me to put her name down and me being the main applicant.

I did tell them when I come to renew her FLP FP 10 year partner route visa will this affect the visa they said no is this correct.

hussain1988
Bangladesh

Re: Child Benefit joint claim confusion

Post by hussain1988 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:59 am

Just called them forgot they did tell me child benefit can only be claimed by one person.

If my wifes calimed child benefit under her name it would have not gone through they told me.

On application of child benefit I put my details in and put her details in section about your partner.

Just got worried that's all just wanted to verify this is correct.