ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit on Tier 2????

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

silver75

Turkish Passport holder; working in Tier 2 Visa, getting CB; affect on ILR???

Post by silver75 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi all

I am a Turkish national working in UK under Tier 2 visa. My wife and son are also in the same visa as my dependants. I claimed Child benefit (CB) and have been receiving almost since I started living in UK. As it is apparent from the documents of public funds, Turkish nationals can receive several benefits including the CB. However when I check the ILR application eligibility section under UKVI website, it says that my family members can apply to ILR if I am not using public funds. Isn't there any inconsistency in this statement? Does the CB that I am getting can really affect our ILR application? Or do I have to ignore this statement?

silver75

Child benefit on Tier 2????

Post by silver75 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:34 pm

I am a Tier-2 worker having No recurse to public fund on BRP. However, I am receiving child benefit on the ground of exceptions (Countries with mutual agreements with UK). Will this make a problem for ILR application in future? Thanks for your advice