ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit query

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NikkiD
Newly Registered

Child benefit query

Post by NikkiD » Sun May 15, 2022 4:14 pm

Hi all. I'm enquiring on behalf of my son who got married last year. His wife has come over from Texas USA and she is on a Visa with no recourse to public funds. She is due their first baby any day now and I'm just wondering what benefits if any my son will be able to claim. He works full time has a salary of £27,000 per annum. I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. Will you be able to claim universal credit even though his wife is not able to claim in her own right. Can he claim child benefit for their son? Any help would be appreciated

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Child benefit query

Post by JB007 » Sun May 15, 2022 8:20 pm

NikkiD wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:14 pm
Hi all. I'm enquiring on behalf of my son who got married last year. His wife has come over from Texas USA and she is on a Visa with no recourse to public funds. She is due their first baby any day now and I'm just wondering what benefits if any my son will be able to claim. He works full time has a salary of £27,000 per annum. I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. Will you be able to claim universal credit even though his wife is not able to claim in her own right. Can he claim child benefit for their son? Any help would be appreciated
Ask your son and his wife to read this sticky and all the links in it.
claiming-benefits/universal-credit-clai ... 02126.html

A British citizen with a British child, both living in the UK, can claim Child Benefit. The claim must be in your son's name as this is a public fund.