ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit questions

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zamaha
Member of Standing

Child benefit questions

Post by zamaha » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Dear members
I have got my ILR in Feb and my spouse got hers in March. I have applied for my child British registration on early March through MN1 (born in the UK) and still waiting for the result.
I assume I can apply for child benefit. Is that right?
There is a question about if I was subject to immigration control in the last 6 months? And then about the date?
What should I answer? I assume the answer is yes and then which date I should enter? The date I got my ILR or last visa?
Also, do I need to send a copy of my ILR BRP Card as the proof of residency? The form doesn't ask anything about my status or not asking for any documents to be sent.
Your help is much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child benefit questions

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:56 pm

I assume I can apply for child benefit. Is that right?
Yes. You could have applied as soon as you got ILR.
There is a question about if I was subject to immigration control in the last 6 months? And then about the date?
What should I answer? I assume the answer is yes and then which date I should enter? The date I got my ILR or last visa?
It isn't a trick question. Answer Yes to the first question and put your ILR date for the second.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zamaha
Member of Standing

Re: Child benefit questions

Post by zamaha » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:10 pm

Thank you.
So, there is no need to send a copy of my BRP to prove that I am eligible to apply?