ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child tax credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

latinointheuk
Ecuador

child tax credit

Post by latinointheuk » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 am

hi guys
need help please
i want to apply for child tax credit..but my partner has a visa no public funds..i have ilr and my son has british passaport..can we claim together ,will it affect in the near future for her visa renewal ?
thank you

BecomingIrishCitizen
Newly Registered

Re: child tax credit

Post by BecomingIrishCitizen » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:52 am

latinointheuk wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 am
hi guys
need help please
i want to apply for child tax credit..but my partner has a visa no public funds..i have ilr and my son has british passaport..can we claim together ,will it affect in the near future for her visa renewal ?
thank you
You will no longer be able to claim tax credits if you’re a new claimant. You need to claim for Universal Credit, which you have to do online. You need to put your partner down as well as a joint application. They will assess both of you when you both go to a meeting and she will get a letter saying she is not entitled to UC due to recourse to a public funds. That’s just their protocol so do not worry too much. If you’re entitled to it, it will be a single rate claimant only. It will not affect her visa renewal.