ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Childcare - public fund access

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Faqasim
Jordan

Childcare - public fund access

Post by Faqasim » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:16 pm

Hello Team,

If one parent has ILR, and the other is still on dependent visa (no access to public fund).

Would it be ok if the parent with ILR applied for the 30-hour childcare? Or should we wait until the both parents are on ILR? to make sure the other parent didn't break the rule of not accessing public fund when they apply for ILR?

Best,

zimba
Mood:

Re: Childcare - public fund access

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:35 pm

In two-parent households, both parents must meet the requirements relating to employment and earnings but only one parent needs to meet the residence requirement. For example, if one parent is a British citizen and the other parent has leave to remain with NRPF, the British parent can make the application. As government funded early education and childcare is not a 'public fund' for immigration purposes, a parent who has no recourse to public funds can be included in an application.
https://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informat ... e-sections
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:59 pm

From the gov.uk site-
30 hours free childcare
Your immigration status

To be eligible for 30 hours free childcare, you must have a National Insurance number and at least one of the following:

British or Irish citizenship
settled or pre-settled status, or you have applied and you’re waiting for a decision
permission to access public funds - your UK residence card will tell you if you cannot do this

If you have a partner, they must have a National Insurance number too.
https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare

Faqasim
Jordan

Post by Faqasim » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:31 am

Thank you. I understand that we meet the requirement for the childcare since one parent has the ILR. And that we will be approved if we apply.

However, I want to check if applying for childcare would affect my partner's ILR application in the future?

Best,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:22 am

Faqasim wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:31 am
Thank you. I understand that we meet the requirement for the childcare since one parent has the ILR. And that we will be approved if we apply.

However, I want to check if applying for childcare would affect my partner's ILR application in the future?

Best,
No it would not. Your partner should not make the application. You should. Although her details would be required, but no effect on future applications.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!