Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Benefits and PR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Claiming Benefits and PR

Post by waiting4 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Need help on my current situation. My husband has come over here on family permit ( an extended family member ) as my father sponsored him. After that I got PR and got pregnant with my first child. My husband has applied for RC. I am currently on maternity leave and getting maternity allowance. I and my husband are living with my parents in a shared house. I want to move in a separate house once the baby's born. So my question is if I move to a separate house can I claim child benefit, child tax credit and house benefit. If so, will it affect my husband's future visa application (PR).