ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Covid19 Statutory sick pay and maternity pay

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

poqlpiusefdousngdn
Newly Registered
Poland

Covid19 Statutory sick pay and maternity pay

Post by poqlpiusefdousngdn » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:20 pm

Hello,

I am working at care home where there was a outbreak of corona virus, because of my pregnancy my GP have issued me a sick note that i'm not fit to work for 3 months and I am being paid SSP, next week i should go back to work, but after talking to my manager she do not want to take risk as there is still residents with positive corona virus tests. She asked me to sort out fitness to work with my GP again.
However i cannot afford to live on £75 a week any longer and none of the universal credits work for me due to complicated financial situation of my partner.
Also i am afraid that because of being on SSP for so long i will not be able to get maternity pay.

I am right that if i will be off sick for 4 or 5 months before due date i will not be eligible for maternity pay?
Can i force my manager to put me back on full pay if she doesn't have work for me because of my pregnancy?

I have issued letter to my workplace to put me on furlough pay as advised by my midwife however it was ignored.

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Covid19 Statutory sick pay and maternity pay

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:39 pm

poqlpiusefdousngdn wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:20 pm

I have issued letter to my workplace to put me on furlough pay as advised by my midwife however it was ignored.

Thanks in advance
I am afraid but you are late as the furlough deadline has been passed on 10th June. However, regarding maternity leave you may try one charity company called maternity action.

https://maternityaction.org.uk
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.