ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DLA and ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fivem
Egypt

DLA and ILR

Post by Fivem » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Hello to everyone, I am in my second period of spouse visa which will expire the end of Septmber next year.my wife which is my sponsor is a British citizen and working as self employed and her earning above the financial requirements.my wife is receiving DLA because we have a disable child who is a British as well.My question is , does receiving such benefit has any impact on my future application for ilr as this allowance comes straight to her bank account.Thank you.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: DLA and ILR

Post by JB007 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Fivem wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:53 pm
Hello to everyone, I am in my second period of spouse visa which will expire the end of Septmber next year.my wife which is my sponsor is a British citizen and working as self employed and her earning above the financial requirements.my wife is receiving DLA because we have a disable child who is a British as well.My question is , does receiving such benefit has any impact on my future application for ilr as this allowance comes straight to her bank account.Thank you.
Your British citizen wife is allowed to claim DLA for a child that meets all the eligibility requirements.
https://www.gov.uk/disability-living-al ... ligibility

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Thank you JB007 for your reply.I ask because my BPR said no access to public resources.I want make sure this allowance will not affect my ILR next year.Thank you

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:54 am

You are not claiming public funds. DLA is the childs money, to help with the extra costs of being disabled. A British citizen is allowed to claim benefits.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:03 am

As it is your visa, you can check for yourself to be sure, with this Public Funds Guidance for Home Office staff-
Public funds
This guidance is based on the Immigration Rules
Published 7 January 2019.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4.0ext.pdf

Fivem
Egypt

Post by Fivem » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:40 am

Thank you JB007 again.my understanding as far as this allowance is not in my name ,it is fine.My wife who is a british clamied this and she is the carer and the allowance comes to her account each month for more than8 years and when i applied for my first spouse visa and the extension were not any problems with this matter.any comment.Thank you.