ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect on FLR (M) Extensions if claims Universal Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aleezafatimah
Newly Registered

Effect on FLR (M) Extensions if claims Universal Credit

Post by Aleezafatimah » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Hi, I am asking on behalf of someone who needs some advice.

Its a family of four. Husband has ILR with one British child But wife is on Spouse Visa and second child is her dependent. Both (wife and child) condition is "No Resource to Public Fund". Their FLR (M) is due next year.

Husband is claiming Child benefit for both children in his name and i have already advised this won't have any impact on their extension.

However, I am not sure of Universal Credit claim and wonder if someone could assist with correct advise. In this particular household, wife is full time mother of two and does not work and household is entirely depend upon husband's income which is just enough to meet financial requirement for their FLR (M)makes difficult to meet ends. What are the options for this household?

1). would Joint Claim of UC (child tax credit) adversely effect their extensions?
2). How they should go about without risking extensions.

I would really appreciate and looking forward for your advises. Thank you.