ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect on Wife's ILR while claiming benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jenkins
Newly Registered

Effect on Wife's ILR while claiming benefits

Post by Jenkins » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:02 pm

Hello Dear All Moderators

I have got a question if you can please answer it.

I am claiming housing benefits since 2017, my wife is on spouse visa, she is eligible to apply for ILR after 10th of Feb 2020.
When i first claimed HB we have had one child British Citizen subsequently in 2018 God blessed us with another child and the award for HB went up, our 2nd child is also British Citizen.
In this scenario would this claim affect my Mrs ILR application.
Many thanks and Kind Regards

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Effect on Wife's ILR while claiming benefits

Post by JB007 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:46 pm

You got the additional Housing Benefit payment for your child, not for your wife.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:13 pm

Insofar as the housing benefit award was based on a single person and 2 child applicable amount, this should have no affect on your spouse’s ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jenkins
Newly Registered

Post by Jenkins » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:21 am

Thanks a lot JB007 & Amber for the swift reply, it bring a big sigh of relief so great Job guys.

So if I say that in even without the 2nd child in equation Mrs is still ok to apply for ILR, when we applied the HB for the First time, i mean was it calculated considering myself and my first child?

Sorry for being naive and asking again.

kind regards