ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU national claiming benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

divine16
Newly Registered
India

EU national claiming benefits

Post by divine16 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:28 pm

Hello there,

I hope you experienced lot will be able to help me out with some of my doubts with regards to claiming benefits in the UK.

I am an EU national and have moved to the UK about 3 months ago. My husband who is a non EEA national will be joining me soon. I want to know if I can claim benefits as I am currently on a low income and whether that will a) affect our rights to remain in the UK in the long term b) affect my husband's residence card application (again not sure whether to apply for the registration card or whether to add his name to the settled status once the scheme opens end of March) c) what benefits can we/can't we claim for and d) can my husband also apply for benefits on a EEA Family Permit or will this affect him being able to stay in the UK after the 6 months are over?

We need your advice urgently as we are struggling with our finances at the moment.

rooibos
Member of Standing

Re: EU national claiming benefits

Post by rooibos » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:43 am

Are you a EU national or Indian? Why the Indian flag?

divine16
Newly Registered
India

Post by divine16 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm

I'm Indian by origin...that wasn't the purpose of my post anyway to be questioned why I've put up an Indian flag... I'm sure you could be more helpful?

divine16
Newly Registered
India

Post by divine16 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm

rooibos wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:43 am
Are you a EU national or Indian? Why the Indian flag?
Please read my answer to your query...

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:03 pm

Double post. Oh no, lost my original post :( Short answer, nothing much, you are both expected to earn at least 70 hours a week on the national minimum wage between you.