ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Benefit Query

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sameerb

FLR (M) Benefit Query

Post by sameerb » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:23 am

Hello Members,

Just wondering why no one has asked this question here..

My wife is on ILR, I got my FLR (M) recently. On my BRP it DOES NOT have "NO RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUNDS" line. Is it normal or do i have access to public funds?

My wife is planning to apply for Universal Credit but I am not sure if it will affect my ILR in future.

Kind regards,

Amber
Mood:

Re: FLR (M) Benefit Query

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Did you get leave under family/private life provisions? What did your decision letter say about public funds?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:46 pm

I checked the letter, I got leave under FLR (M). That letter doesn't state anything specifically about Public Funds but does everyone get BRP under FLR (M) without wording "no recourse" or its unusual?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:57 am

Unusual, as D-LTRP is
However,

Public funds
A person subject to immigration control is not considered as accessing public funds if it is their partner who is receiving the funds they are entitled to.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:22 pm

Please look at your decision letter for FLR (M) and see if it says the leave was granted under private family life considerations.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:53 pm

hi,

i m sure the leave was granted under FLR (M). so if my BRP doesn't state "no recourse to public fund" live, m i eligible for public funds?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:19 pm

sameerb wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:53 pm
hi,

i m sure the leave was granted under FLR (M). so if my BRP doesn't state "no recourse to public fund" live, m i eligible for public funds?
You need the decision letter, rather than plucking things out of thin air.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:49 am

Hi,

I read my decision letter & it is FLR -M visa nothing mentioned about access to public funds in that letter.

I really need advise because i am a kidney failure patient & going live on transplant list soon. If i get a call i will probably be out of work for uptown 6 months. I am the only one working in my family.

appreciate any response.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:54 am

sameerb wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:49 am
Hi,

I read my decision letter & it is FLR -M visa nothing mentioned about access to public funds in that letter.

I really need advise because i am a kidney failure patient & going live on transplant list soon. If i get a call i will probably be out of work for uptown 6 months. I am the only one working in my family.

appreciate any response.
If it is standard Appendix FM leave as a spouse/partner you should not have access to public funds which makes me think you were granted on human rights, having failed some provision (usually financial). You are not stating what the decision letter says so it’s a hard guess. Normally under remarks on the BRP it states if you cannot access public funds, however, a mistake could be made. The decision letter should say no access to public funds, usually, so again without seeing your full case documents it’s hard to know what’s happened. If you have a British family member (child or spouse) it may be possible to claim PIP even if you are subject to immigration control. Moreover, if you have worked, paying National Insurance for the last 2 years, you should be able to claim New Style ESA after your SSP stops or if you don’t get SSP. New Style ESA is not a public fund.

sameerb

Post by sameerb » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Hi Amber,

Thank you for the advise.

I wanted to know my wife who is on her ILR what benefits she can apply if i happen to go for kidney transplant which won't affect her citizenship in future. Thanks again

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:32 pm

Have settled status allows complete access to public funds. You need to confirm your status, moving forward. Good luck for the transplant.