ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR - M extension application - child benefit in bank statement

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nishak
Newly Registered
India

FLR - M extension application - child benefit in bank statement

Post by Nishak » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:49 am

Hi

Currently I am on leave to remain spouse/partner visa and I am applying for FLR - M extension for 30 months. I have 2 children (7 months baby and 3 year old son) and my husband all are British citizens. My salary is more than £18600 and I have cash savings more than £16000 so I meet the financial requirement through both employment and cash. My current bank statements shows entries of receiving child benefit. My husband (who is a British citizen) applied for child benefit but it’s received in my bank account for administrative convenience (my sons bank account is linked to my account so I can transfer funds easily to his account). My questions are :

- as I don’t have recourse to public funds on my current visa, will the child benefit entry in my bank account statement be an issue?
- Should I clarify in the covering letter that child benefit is applied by my husband who is entitled to it. It’s only credited in my account for admin reason? I have a gov letter showing child benefit approved in my husbands name. This shows I have not breached any immigration rules. or will mentioning about it will complicate my case?
- My salary is received in current account and my cash savings are in savings account. If I show my financial requirement is met by cash savings is it sufficient if I submit just my savings statements and payslips to show the source of funds? or Am i even required to submit my current account statements (which includes child benefit entry) to show that the salary is received in current account?

Aleezafatimah
Newly Registered

Re: FLR - M extension application - child benefit in bank statement

Post by Aleezafatimah » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:22 pm

Hi, As child benefit is claimed by your husband won't have any impact on your FLR(M) or ILR. Having them direct into your personal bank account should not cause any problem either.

I think it is wise to evident your source of income therefore payslip and current account statement where pay is going should submit. If you have saving of £62,500 lying in your saving account for six months then you do not require to show payslips.

Nishak
Newly Registered
India

Re: FLR - M extension application - child benefit in bank statement

Post by Nishak » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:42 am

Thanks a lot. I will show I meet financial requirement by employment and submit corresponding payslip and current bank account statements.