ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SanaUK90
Newly Registered

Housing benefit

Post by SanaUK90 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:54 pm

Hello,

Need help, my husband is claiming housing benefit from Universal Credit he is working as well, I am not claiming anything I am a full time mother of one son, my husband got ILR and I and my son on dependant settlement visa which is going to expire next year, can some help me here, is there gonna be any problem in extension my visa and my sons visa while claiming housing benefit ? what shall I do ? shall we stop claiming housing benefit if there is any problem in my visa extension ? can some one help me what to do please ? Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: Housing benefit

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:14 pm

If you are subject to immigration control, the UC claim will be single, insofar as the tenancy is in your spouse’s name only, there shouldn’t be an issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.