ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted | Can CHB be taken?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

spt88
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR Granted | Can CHB be taken?

Post by spt88 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:59 am

Dear mentors - I would like to take an opinion if I would be eligible for child health benefit (CHB around 80 or 90£ that each child gets p.m. ) for my 5 yrs old . We have got our ILR on Jan 1st week of 2022.

I wanted to ensure this shouldn't cause any problem when I apply for citizenship .

Thanks for looking into it.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: ILR Granted | Can CHB be taken?

Post by JB007 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:22 pm

spt88 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:59 am
Dear mentors - I would like to take an opinion if I would be eligible for child health benefit (CHB around 80 or 90£ that each child gets p.m. ) for my 5 yrs old . We have got our ILR on Jan 1st week of 2022.

I wanted to ensure this shouldn't cause any problem when I apply for citizenship .

Thanks for looking into it.
Every child does not get Healthy Start or Child Benefit: that depends on certain requirements being met. These are also two different things.

I assume you are talking about the welfare benefit called Child Benefit as you have mentioned 1 child and the amount? Can you confirm you are talking about Child Benefit?

What is the immigration status of your child?

spt88
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spt88 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:47 pm

I assume you are talking about the welfare benefit called Child Benefit as you have mentioned 1 child and the amount? Can you confirm you are talking about Child Benefit?

Yes , I was referring about Child Benefit ( CHB ) . We got ILR in Jan 2022 so right now he has the same status as mine .

Also would claiming this effect citizenship ( which we plan to apply next year ) in anyway?

Thanks for taking your time.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:24 am

spt88 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:47 pm

Yes , I was referring about Child Benefit ( CHB ) . We got ILR in Jan 2022 so right now he has the same status as mine .

Also would claiming this effect citizenship ( which we plan to apply next year ) in anyway?

Thanks for taking your time.
If you and your child have ILR and you all live in the UK, then you can have publc funds and it will not affect citizenship.

Have a read about Public Funds

Immigration staff guidance for how to make decisions about what UK public funds foreign nationals can claim and what action it must take if they claim funds they are not entitled to.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-funds

And you can read links on this, such as in this thread
claiming-benefits/child-benefits-t325054.html

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:42 am

spt88 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:59 am
We have got our ILR on Jan 1st week of 2022.
spt88 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:47 pm
We got ILR in Jan 2022 so right now he has the same status as mine .
Also, Child Benefit claims can be backdated for up to 3 months, as long as you all had ILR and were all living in the UK during that time. You will need to ask for this when you put in your claim.

If you child got their ILR after you, you will need to take advice from an immigration advisor, for that time when they did not have ILR. See links above.

spt88
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by spt88 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:41 am

Many thanks JB007 for your reply. We all got ILR at same time and would request for it.