ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Post Reply
zunera mahmood
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Location: india
Contact:

Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:00 pm

Hi
I have recieved a caution letter from DWP to come for the interview on the 21 Feb. This is regarding a universal credit advance payment which , a person from Facebook conned me as took all my details and said it's a government scheme which they pay people who dont claim benefits and I being very naive about all this .I accepted her offer and gave my details to her and she set up the account and told me that her friend works for DWP and will accept the details.but she wanted commission and I thought as he works in the department that's alright. I dont know how he did it , but I got 1525.44 pounds in my account in 2 hrs .than she said that now transfer 1000 back to her account which I did as her commission .
I didnt know that this was illegitimate or illegal .
But now I have this letter that wrong information has been put to claim these funds which I didnt put in the first place. This was all done by that fraud person.
I have all the chat details and the account details which I have transferred the money to .
Please can you help me as I'm quite stressed out as I didnt do anything , I was conned and misguided .
zunera

zunera mahmood
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Location: india
Contact:

Re: Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Do I need to take any lawyer with me for the interview ?? Will they put any criminal charges against me ? I'm really stressed plz can any one help me ?
zunera

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 24887
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:33 pm

zunera mahmood wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:00 pm
Hi
I have recieved a caution letter from DWP to come for the interview on the 21 Feb. This is regarding a universal credit advance payment which , a person from Facebook conned me as took all my details and said it's a government scheme which they pay people who dont claim benefits and I being very naive about all this .I accepted her offer and gave my details to her and she set up the account and told me that her friend works for DWP and will accept the details.but she wanted commission and I thought as he works in the department that's alright. I dont know how he did it , but I got 1525.44 pounds in my account in 2 hrs .than she said that now transfer 1000 back to her account which I did as her commission .
I didnt know that this was illegitimate or illegal .
But now I have this letter that wrong information has been put to claim these funds which I didnt put in the first place. This was all done by that fraud person.
I have all the chat details and the account details which I have transferred the money to .
Please can you help me as I'm quite stressed out as I didnt do anything , I was conned and misguided .
You most certainly need to seek advice from a legal professional specialising in criminal law. You may find it very difficult to convince the DWP that you were so naive you didn't think handing over £1,000 as commission to someone on Facebook was likely to be part of a fraud. :idea:

See the information from Citizens Advice in the link below.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... fit-fraud/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zunera mahmood
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Location: india
Contact:

Re: Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by zunera mahmood » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Thank you for replying ...so definitely its worth taking the lawyer with me ..any idea what will the outcome be as its the first time I am dealing with these frauds.
zunera

User avatar
Casa
Moderator
Posts: 24887
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Re: Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:43 pm

zunera mahmood wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:01 pm
Thank you for replying ...so definitely its worth taking the lawyer with me ..any idea what will the outcome be as its the first time I am dealing with these frauds.
No one can predict the outcome, but at the very least you will have to repay the full amount you have received illegally, including the £1,000 you have transferred to your Facebook 'friend's' bank account.

Have you read the guidance given in the link I posted? I strongly suggest you follow the advice given there. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

User avatar
Amber
Moderator
Posts: 17232
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
Location: England, UK
Mood:

Re: Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by Amber » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:16 pm

You need to report what you are saying to the police and provide the police with her bank details that you transferred to, get a crime reference number then see a criminal law solicitor.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JB007
Member of Standing
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:14 pm

SCAM ALERT - Universal Credit Scammers

Post by JB007 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:26 pm

Warnings were put out ages ago, look on the search engines.

Here is one-

SCAM ALERT - Watch out for Universal Credit scammers
https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/b ... t-scammers

JB007
Member of Standing
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Re: Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by JB007 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:44 pm

zunera mahmood wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:00 pm
I dont know how he did it , but I got 1525.44 pounds in my account in 2 hrs .than she said that now transfer 1000 back to her account which I did as her commission.
They put in a false claim for you with any details to increase the payment eg extra children, and asked for an upfront UC payment - that you then pay back in up to 12 months. It's a loan that you pay back, if it is not a false/benefit fraud, claim. DWP have wised up to this so I assume your UC claim must have happened ages ago and they have only just caught up with you?

zunera mahmood
Member
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Location: india
Contact:

Re: Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by zunera mahmood » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply..I have got a criminal lawyer appointed..but he said that I dont have to say anything..just no comment and he will prepare a statement for me and read it out .
He has not advised me to contact the police at this time ..I dont know why ? Though ..
Any idea ot suggestions u can share with me ??
zunera

Nahima18
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:37 am

Re: Interview under caution letter for universal credit

Post by Nahima18 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:43 am

zunera mahmood wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:04 pm
Do I need to take any lawyer with me for the interview ?? Will they put any criminal charges against me ? I'm really stressed plz can any one help me ?
HI i have the same issue , i been called in , have you had your interview.

Post Reply
cron