ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this Public Funds?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nemesis311
Newly Registered

Is this Public Funds?

Post by Nemesis311 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:23 am

Hi all,

I'd like to ask for your help in clarifying the following situation:
Me and my wife are currently on Tier 2, my wife having a dependant visa, she is undergoing a course that the Manchester City Council is leading on wellbeing and career advise, and she is going to receive a voucher for finishing the course.

My question is if her receiving this voucher would count as Public Funds? Based on what I've checked it doesn't seem to be the case, as she is not going to be payed for this, it's just a one-off voucher. Considering that it's from an entity that receives funds from the EU Social Fund? She had to fill some forms and were guided by her mentor but we just want to make sure that it's not breaching any rules for us.

I've checked that it doesn't seem to be related to any of the points that the UK defines as Public Funds
Immigration Rules
Paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules (see related link) defines benefits considered as
public funds for the purpose of the Immigration Rules.
The following benefits and forms of support count as public funds:
• attendance allowance
• carers allowance
• child benefit
• child tax credit
• council tax benefit
• council tax reduction
• disability living allowance
• (from 6 April 2016) discretionary support payments by local authorities or devolved
In this section
administrations in Scotland and Northern Ireland which replace the discretionary social
fund.
• housing and homelessness assistance
• housing benefit
• income-based jobseeker’s allowance
• income related employment & support allowance – ESA (IR)
• income support
• personal independence payment
• severe disablement allowance
• social fund payment
• state pension credit
• universal credit
• working tax credit

I'd appreciate a lot your help with this, thanks in advance.