Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Lifting NRPF after change of circumstances

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:57 am

Lifting NRPF after change of circumstances

Post by ElenaKasaj » Fri May 19, 2023 3:26 pm

I would appreciate any advice on my situation.
I am currently on 10-year partner route with NRPF. We have 4 children, all of them have British passport.
Unfortunately, my partner is on remand in prison. He is there since 22nd December 2022. I am left alone with kids, we have no other family in the UK. Elder kids are 9 and 7, younger- 3 years, and 11 months old. I am self-employed, but my work was massively affected by war between Russia and Ukraine. I am left with little to non income. I cannot afford childcare in order to go to any work in person.
Recently, I was hired by one big company as remote interpreter, but due to having kids around I am able to work maximum 3-4 hours a day when younger kids are napping. I am in real struggle. In my current situation I can make up to 370 GBP per week there. And that is all income for a family of 5.
As well I am on big dose of antidepressants due to worsening of my OCD.
I applied for NRPF to be lifted on 3rd of May 2023 and sent all documents to the HO.
Any thoughts on outcome and how long it might take?


Posts: 17382
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 am
Location: England, UK

Re: Lifting NRPF after change of circumstances

Post by Amber » Fri May 19, 2023 6:47 pm

If you involve your local MP and explain you are in hardship/destitution or face it then your local MP should help expedite the application for a decision within 4 weeks. Assuming that the Home Office have all the documents and information to make a decision. Send local MP a letter from your GP stating mental health is being made worse and get local MP to forward that to the Home Office with an expedited application request.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.