ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lifting NRPF

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

syedas
Newly Registered

Lifting NRPF

Post by syedas » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi
Me and my husband are currently on 30 months LTR due to private and family life. I would be eligible for ILR based on long residency in a few months. Me and my husband were both working until last month. Unfortunately, my husband has been recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's and doctors have stopped him from working and driving. This is likely to be extended because the doctors are saying that this cognitive decline will progress.
We are broken and feel shattered :cry: I have been advised by CAB to apply for a change of conditions of leave to get access to public funds. If we lift No Recourse To Public Funds (NRPF) only then we could get any benefits. I would like to know if this could impact my future ILR application as we are in a very difficult situation and things are falling apart.
Thanks in advance for any advice and help.
Regards

syedas
Newly Registered

Re: Lifting NRPF

Post by syedas » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:02 pm

Can someone please reply?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Lifting NRPF

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:07 pm

If HO lifts the NRPF condition, then no it won't impact ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.