ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage allowance - Expat flag - former T2 ICT

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

srsw

Marriage allowance - Expat flag - former T2 ICT

Post by srsw » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:20 pm

Long story short, my wife applied for marriage allowance, so was expecting my tax code to change and receive a cheque for previous years. But nothing happened for two months so called up HMRC helpline.

After a bit of two and fro they said I need to call the below expat helpline and check with them, which was confusing.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -employees

Around 10+ years ago I was in the UK under tier 2 ICT visa and was marked as expat since then and even though I left UK and came back and settled on my own (not through ICT visa), the expat flag was never removed.

Anyway, after calling the above number, they removed the flag and asked me to contact regular HMRC helpline. They said they'll now process the application in a month.

Just wanted to post here in case it may be useful for people who may have entered UK or been on ICT visa. Worth checking if the flag still exists and asking them to remove it if doesn't apply anymore.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... ees-expats

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Marriage allowance - Expat flag - former T2 ICT

Post by JB007 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:44 am

This is about not being registered correctly with HMRC Perhaps a mod could move this thread to the relevant board?