ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National Insurance Number

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daisy99
Newly Registered

National Insurance Number

Post by Daisy99 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi,
I became British citizen two months ago.I have never worked in UK and I don't have a national insurence number.I want to vote at the elections( national insurence number is required for vote) and I think to work next year,not now.I phoned 08001412075,I told them I needed this number for vote and thinking work later.They gave me another number 08001690310 but they said I must phone the first number again.Please can you give me an advise that how I can get my national insurence number and use my vote at the elections.Thank you very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: National Insurance Number

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 pm

You likely don't have time now to get a NI number and be able to register on the electoral roll to vote.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

You will also likely require an interview at the job centre before you are approved/issued with one. This process can take a few weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Daisy99
Newly Registered

Post by Daisy99 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Thank you very much CR001.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:39 pm

You can still vote without national insurance number if your local council can be able to verify your identity through other means.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.