ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No recourse to public funds & severely disabled British child

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amhi
Newly Registered

No recourse to public funds & severely disabled British child

Post by Amhi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi All,
I need to get assistance from you guys

I am mother of British child, I have spouse visa FLR(FP) and my husband has indefinite leave to remain, my child is 1 year old and basically is "child in need" she needs 24/7 care. As Home office previously granted me FLR(FP) on family basis (mother of British child) with no recourse to public funds. Now my child is diagnosed with limited life condition with higher rate of disability living allowance, me and my husband provides care to our child 24/7.

Can you please help me if there are special rules that the home office consider and remove the restrictions of no recourse to public funds on my visa.

Waiting for your response!

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No recourse to public funds & severely disabled British child

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:29 pm

If your husband holds ILR, he can claim benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amhi
Newly Registered

Post by Amhi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Yes he holds ILR and claims benefits but universal credit only considered him not me as family and I can not claim carers allowance, carers element for my child as it is coming under benefits. As child needs continuous care and both of us looking after her and our family circumstances are exceptionally changed.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:59 pm

You will need to write to HO and request the removal of the restriction. There is no guarantee that it will be lifted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.