ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre settled status- child pay

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

it91

Pre settled status- child pay

Post by it91 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Hi
I would like to find out if I am allowed to get any sort of maternity benefit/pay when I’m on PSS?
If yes what would it be and how can I apply?
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

Amber
Mood:

Re: Pre settled status- child pay

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:24 pm

Having pre-settled status is irrelevant to maternity payments. If you were employed you could be entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) or Maternity Allowance or if self-employed, Maternity Allowance. Depends on (A) how long you worked for and (B) how much you were paid per week. Neither of which are public funds or dependent on immigration status. There is also contractual maternity pay (if in your contract). If not entitled to any maternity pay, then it would likely be Universal Credit, which is, means-tested and subject to a Habitual Residence Test (HRT) which, pre-settled status does not assist.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.