ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I stop taking Housing Benefit?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zzzindagi

Should I stop taking Housing Benefit?

Post by zzzindagi » Fri May 08, 2020 4:16 am

I am a British Citizen and my wife is on Dependent visa. We have children.

I started taking housing benefit immediately after getting my ILR.
The Tenancy agreement and council tax was only on my name. My council refused to apply lone
parent element a paid me using full family element.
My Wife's previous application was successful without any problem. One of my friend who was on the
same boat did not have any problem either on his Wife's visa extension.

Now my Circumstances have changed.
I have changed my accommodation and my New Landlord has made a joint tenancy and it is written in
the agreement that we jointly share the responsibility.

I have to update my council to change my address and review my benefit claim. They may ask
for tenancy agreement and might put my wife's name as well on the Claim or may not ask anything and just continue my previous claim.

My wife's ILR is due in 3 months.
Should I just close my HB account while updating my change of address details until my wife get's ILR?

The only think that worries me is the Joint Tenancy. Do you think the Joint Tenancy will cause any issue??

Many Thanks
ZR