ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa and Apprenticeship

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sejdiep
Newly Registered

Spouse visa and Apprenticeship

Post by Sejdiep » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I plan to start apprenticeship in the UK. As I am here on my spouse visa, I was wondering about my eligibility. After further research I did find this document: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s_v1.0.pdf

It says on the page 61 that non EEA/EU spouses who haven't been residing in the country for 3 years are exempt from the rule that a person must first reside in the country for 3 years and are available to do an apprenticeship. Also, on the page 13, P63.2, it says that in order to be eligible a person must be able to complete their apprenticeship within the time frame they have got. Apprenticeships I was looking into usually last 36 months which isn't in the time frame of my first visa. Does this mean I am not eligible to do these apprenticeships?

I will be very thankful for anyone's time and effort to look into my situation.

Priti8
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa and Apprenticeship

Post by Priti8 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:14 am

Hi, Did you find out if you are eligible to do an apprenticeship that is longer than your visa duration?
Thanks

Minamina
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa and Apprenticeship

Post by Minamina » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:26 am

Did any of you manage to find some info on this? Thanks