ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Steps to repay 30 hour child care benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

unicornkitty
Newly Registered
India

Steps to repay 30 hour child care benefits

Post by unicornkitty » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:02 pm

I am on Tier 2 General visa and claimed 30 hour childcare benefit for my kid couple of years ago. I came to know that i am not eligible to claim it since it is considered as public funds. I contacted HMRC child care service 30 hour eligibility team to get steps to repay but they advised me that there is no repayment option.

Please could someone let me know if you had a similar issue and how did you repay.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Steps to repay 30 hour child care benefits

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:13 pm

Hello

Instructions are here to pay back including the bank account:

https://www.gov.uk/repay-child-benefit-overpayments

If you leave it and they find out, this may compromise your immigration status at one point.

unicornkitty
Newly Registered
India

Re: Steps to repay 30 hour child care benefits

Post by unicornkitty » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:27 am

Many thanks Zerubbabel for your response.

I contacted child benefits team to find out the amount i need to pay and i was informed that 30 hour childcare will not fall under child benefit so they are not able to advise the amount i need to repay and they pointed me to 30 hour childcare team.