ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Finance / Loan application query

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

surfsumi
Mood:

Student Finance / Loan application query

Post by surfsumi » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi,
Hope you all are well. I have been granted ILR since Jan-2019 & my younger child is BC. My elder child & spouse is still on Dependent visa & they will complete 10 years next year. Now I'm planning a further education in STEM stream ( Bsc ) & planning to get Student Loan. This will include course fee + Maintenance ( maximum if we get). I'm currently employed full time ( As well as my wife) & will be doing this as part-time at Birkbeck university. However when the "student loan UK" asked for details of my spouse ( household income etc) & children. I'm wondering if they authorise the loan, would that affect my spouse's & elder child applications for ILR next year ? Would this be public funds ?
Sorry if I have posted in the wrong category, could not find related category.

thank you!
SURESH

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Student Finance / Loan application query

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:18 pm

Hello

Reading from the UKCISA website:
Student Support is the name given to financial support provided by the Government to eligible students in the UK. Student Support is not considered as one of the 'public funds', as defined in paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules. Therefore, a student with UK immigration permission containing a condition stating "No recourse to public funds" would not be in breach of that condition by applying for, and receiving, Student Support.
https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... on%20Rules.