Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Code

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push

Member of Standing
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:42 am

Tax Code

Post by gainvidya » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 pm

I am trying to understand what tax code applies to me. Couple of ago year my p60 had tax code as 603L. I had some increment and last year p60 has 647L. Not sure am I on right tax code have I overpaid!

My friend got a letter from HMRC that he has overpaid and he will be getting £3K in refund.

Also I had paid £2K+ extra in 2003/2004 (worked for part of the year). I called HMRC if I can ask for refund and they said since I passed 6 years I cannot, wondering if I could still do something about it or just forgot it!