ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax free Child Care for 2 year old

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ola2020
Newly Registered
Angola

Tax free Child Care for 2 year old

Post by Ola2020 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Hello,

I would very much appreciate your advice on my situation.

I've been on Indefinite Leave to Remain since 2015(ILR) and have a wife and a 2 year old child both on spouse visa since August 2018.

I currently do not claim any form of benefits as i do not know what kind of benefits am entitled to and myself and and my wife work full time.

My two year old child who is currently on dependent visa together with my wife is about to start nursery so i want to be sure if I (I'm on ILR since 2015) can claim Tax Free Childcare for her when she start school in January. I would like to know if am entitle to any other form of benefit as am currently not claiming any form of benefit.

I would like to know if claiming Tax Free Childcare or any other benefits does not constitute claiming public fund as this could jeopardize their (Both my wife and Daughter) chances of renewing their visa when it expires.

I would be grateful for your help with this.
Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Tax free Child Care for 2 year old

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:20 pm

Ola2020 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:56 pm
Hello,

I've been on Indefinite Leave to Remain since 2015(ILR) and have a wife and a 2 year old child both on spouse visa since August 2018.

I currently do not claim any form of benefits as i do not know what kind of benefits am entitled to and myself and and my wife work full time.

My two year old child who is currently on dependent visa together with my wife is about to start nursery so i want to be sure if I (I'm on ILR since 2015) can claim Tax Free Childcare for her when she start school in January. I would like to know if am entitle to any other form of benefit as am currently not claiming any form of benefit.

I would like to know if claiming Tax Free Childcare or any other benefits does not constitute claiming public fund as this could jeopardize their (Both my wife and Daughter) chances of renewing their visa when it expires.

Thank you.
You can claim any public fund you are entitled to. Likely, child benefit (subject to earningless than £50,000 PA) and any free childcare.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ola2020
Newly Registered
Angola

Post by Ola2020 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Amber wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:20 pm
Ola2020 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
You can claim any public fund you are entitled to. Likely, child benefit (subject to earningless than £50,000 PA) and any free childcare.
Many thanks for your response Amber, much appreciated.
Just for clarification, our combine household income is over £50,000 threshold you stated above but less than £100,000, does this mean we are not eligible for child benefit and Tax Free Child. I'd be very grateful if you could please clarify this part for me. I'm most interested in the Tax Free Childcare, just wanted to be sure if i can claim it even though our household income is over the £50,000 threshold you stated above. I look forward to your thought on this.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:37 pm

Ola2020 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:48 pm
Amber wrote:
Ola2020 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.
Just for clarification, our combine household income is over £50,000 threshold you stated above but less than £100,000, does this mean we are not eligible for child benefit and Tax Free Child. I'd be very grateful if you could please clarify this part for me. I'm most interested in the Tax Free Childcare, just wanted to be sure if i can claim it even though our household income is over the £50,000 threshold you stated above. I look forward to your thought on this.

Thank you.
If you and your partner each earn less than £50,000 a year, you will receive the full amount of Child Benefit without having to pay any of it back. You can backdate child benefit 3 months.

All 3 to 4-year-olds in England can get 570 free hours per year. It’s usually taken as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year, but you can choose to take fewer hours over more weeks, for example.

Some 3 to 4-year-olds are eligible for 30 hours free childcare a week.

See - https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare- ... -year-olds
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Ola2020
Newly Registered
Angola

Post by Ola2020 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:58 pm

Amber wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:37 pm
Ola2020 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:48 pm
Amber wrote:
Ola2020 wrote:
Hello,

Thank you.

Thank you.
If you and your partner each earn less than £50,000 a year, you will receive the full amount of Child Benefit without having to pay any of it back. You can backdate child benefit 3 months.

All 3 to 4-year-olds in England can get 570 free hours per year. It’s usually taken as 15 hours a week for 38 weeks of the year, but you can choose to take fewer hours over more weeks, for example.

Some 3 to 4-year-olds are eligible for 30 hours free childcare a week.

See - https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare- ... -year-olds
[/quote
Many thanks for your prompt response, I really appreciate your help with this. My child is actually 2 year old and I believe the only scheme for someone in her group is the Tax free childcare route. Just wanted to be sure if I can apply for the scheme considering am the only one in the household with settled status as both my wife and child are on dependent visa. Hope have been able to clarify my point better. Thank you for your help.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:25 pm

You have nothing to worry about.

Ola2020
Newly Registered
Angola

Post by Ola2020 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Amber wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:25 pm
You have nothing to worry about.
Many thanks for your help with this Amber.