ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Free Childcare Claims - Immigration status query

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Tax Free Childcare Claims - Immigration status query

Post by rubyracer2 » Wed May 17, 2023 12:58 pm

Dear Gurus,

I recently naturalised as a British citizen but my wife and kids are still on skilled worker dependent (NRPF on BRP).

Can I claim Tax free childcare to pay for after school clubs and activities? The activities pay for the kids who have NRPF, but I am opening the account and have no such restriction.

As always appreciate your inputs

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Tax Free Childcare Claims - Immigration status query

Post by JB007 » Wed May 17, 2023 3:04 pm

This is what it says on the government site
https://www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare
Your child

Your child must be 11 or under and usually live with you. They stop being eligible on 1 September after their 11th birthday.

Adopted children are eligible, but foster children are not.
Your immigration status

To be eligible for Tax-Free Childcare, you must have a National Insurance number and at least one of the following:

British or Irish citizenship
settled or pre-settled status, or you have applied and you’re waiting for a decision
permission to access public funds - your UK residence card will tell you if you cannot do this

If you have a partner, they must have a National Insurance number too.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Tax Free Childcare Claims - Immigration status query

Post by Amber » Fri May 19, 2023 6:46 pm

Tax free childcare is not a public fund so would not breach a NRPF restriction. You may be eligible for
Tax free childcare as you are a British national.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.