ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax-Free Childcare when partner is on PBS dependant and main applicant has British Passport

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

avaismohammad

Tax-Free Childcare when partner is on PBS dependant and main applicant has British Passport

Post by avaismohammad » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm

Hi There,
I am wondering if my son is eligible for Tax-Free Childcare allowance (https://www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare)
He is 2.5 years old with a British passport and his dad (me) also hold British passport.
However my wife has PBS Dependant visa with 'no recourse to public funds'

If I make the Tax-Free childcare account/application with me(British passport holder) as main applicant and put my Wife as partner (PBS Dependant) which I have to declare as part of filling the application form online, would she be in violation to immigration rules?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Tax-Free Childcare when partner is on PBS dependant and main applicant has British Passport

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:02 am

avaismohammad wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
Hi There,
I am wondering if my son is eligible for Tax-Free Childcare allowance (https://www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare)
He is 2.5 years old with a British passport and his dad (me) also hold British passport.

If I make the Tax-Free childcare account/application with me(British passport holder) as main applicant and put my Wife as partner (PBS Dependant) which I have to declare as part of filling the application form online, would she be in violation to immigration rules?
Any help appreciated.

Thanks
You're free to make the application. It has no effect on your wife's status or when she intends to apply for renewal or ILR.
Both of you have to be working though!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

avaismohammad

Re: Tax-Free Childcare when partner is on PBS dependant and main applicant has British Passport

Post by avaismohammad » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:16 am

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:02 am
avaismohammad wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
Hi There,

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
You're free to make the application. It has no effect on your wife's status or when she intends to apply for renewal or ILR.
Both of you have to be working though!
Thanks a ton!