ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Child Nursery Hours

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

toprofessional
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Child Nursery Hours

Post by toprofessional » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:27 am

Hi
I have Tier 2 visa, my husband and my 3 1/2 years old daughter are my dependents. Visa was issued in March 2017 for 3 years. I have a permanent job in NHS.

Our visa saya no access to public funds. My husband is not working on regular basis because he has to look after my daughter and is self employed.

My daughter has joined a nursery class in a state school and will be attending 30 hours a week in coming days.

Please advise if we are allowed to send her for 30 hours for free or we are only allowed 15 hours or no hours at all.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Child Nursery Hours

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:32 am

You don't qualify for 30 hours if neither parent holds ILR.

Not sure about 15 hours though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prisingh
Mood:
India

Post by prisingh » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:55 am

15 hours is fine.. but a strict no for 30 hrs.

toprofessional
Newly Registered

Post by toprofessional » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:57 am

Thank you for your swift replies. I have got a chance to meet the school representative this morning and she says if the child is in private nursery then the hours matter, in a regular school like ours, we don't get funding by number of hours but by number of pupils attending.
Please advise if this makes sense.
Thank you

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:09 pm

I think if they are not receiving funding you should be ok. In private nurseries, they ask you to get a code from your local council to get access to 30 hour funding if you are eligible. 15 hours is given to every child (3-4 years old) regardless of their status.