ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

U.C. - query about wife on NRPF

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ASHIEBASHIE
Newly Registered
Mood:

U.C. - query about wife on NRPF

Post by ASHIEBASHIE » Wed May 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi,

I am a British citizen with 2 British kids, and currently claiming Universal Credit.

My wife arrived a few months ago on a Spousal Visa, and we registered her with the local Job centre, and she was given a unique ID, and then added on to my account.

She has subsequently got a part-time job, so we attempted to add her salary to my profile in the 'Change of Circumstances' section. However, we couldn't do this. We contacted U.C. and explained this and they said that she has no recourse to public funds - which we knew already - and, therefore, she should not be on the U.C. claim.

We had provided her account details etc in the message, and the next day she was removed from the joint account, and so it is now just my name on it again.

Is this correct? Obviously, we do not want to be accused of fraud!

I have read other posts but there seem to be some conflicting ideas.

Thanks in advance,

B

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: U.C. - query about wife on NRPF

Post by JB007 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:35 am

ASHIEBASHIE wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 3:33 pm
Hi,

I am a British citizen with 2 British kids, and currently claiming Universal Credit.

My wife arrived a few months ago on a Spousal Visa, and we registered her with the local Job centre, and she was given a unique ID, and then added on to my account.

She has subsequently got a part-time job, so we attempted to add her salary to my profile in the 'Change of Circumstances' section. However, we couldn't do this. We contacted U.C. and explained this and they said that she has no recourse to public funds - which we knew already - and, therefore, she should not be on the U.C. claim.

We had provided her account details etc in the message, and the next day she was removed from the joint account, and so it is now just my name on it again.

Is this correct? Obviously, we do not want to be accused of fraud!

I have read other posts but there seem to be some conflicting ideas.

Thanks in advance,

B
Your partner's income must be used on calculations for means tested benefits.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:42 am

ASHIEBASHIE
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ASHIEBASHIE » Thu May 02, 2019 3:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

"Your partner's income must be used on calculations for means tested benefits."

This is what I thought, but as stated in my post, I was told by the local Job centre, and by Universal Credit itself, that this is not the case.

There is nowhere on the Change of Circumstances page of UC do actually add her earnings in.

B

ASHIEBASHIE
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by ASHIEBASHIE » Thu May 02, 2019 3:38 pm

I did this previously, and it comes in approximately £290 p/m more than we currently get.