ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit - Child Tax credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rmz27

Universal Credit - Child Tax credit

Post by rmz27 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:40 am

Hey Guys, my wife is currently on FLR M spouse visa, and I am looking to apply for child tax credits, ive already applied for child benefit credit, we have applied a joint application under universal credit which is now part of the child tax credit etc...

My wife does not work and looks after our newborn daughter at home, I am the only person who works and earn more than £18,600, this wont affect her ILR application in 2021 will it?

I just need to verify her details on the UC portal and then book a telephone interview unsure why I need to this!

Any help would be ideal

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Universal Credit - Child Tax credit

Post by JB007 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:30 am

rmz27 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:40 am
Hey Guys, my wife is currently on FLR M spouse visa, and I am looking to apply for child tax credits, ive already applied for child benefit credit, we have applied a joint application under universal credit which is now part of the child tax credit etc...

Tax Credits is one of the six low income benefits that have ended under the Welfare Reform laws. Universal Credit replaces the low income benefits and has a child element, but has diferent rules and regulations to the old (legacy) benefits it has replaced.

Universal Credit will replace the following benefits:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Working Tax Credit

If you currently receive any of these benefits, you cannot claim Universal Credit at the same time.

Universal Credit is being introduced in stages across the UK. You do not need to do anything until you hear from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about moving to Universal Credit, unless you have a change in circumstances.

rmz27 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:40 am
My wife does not work and looks after our newborn daughter at home, I am the only person who works and earn more than £18,600, this wont affect her ILR application in 2021 will it?

I just need to verify her details on the UC portal and then book a telephone interview unsure why I need to this!

Any help would be ideal
Read this benefit calcultor under Confirmation of Status,
https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou