ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit Minimum Income Floor If Other Partner not working

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saeed5
Sudan

Universal Credit Minimum Income Floor If Other Partner not working

Post by Saeed5 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:08 am

Hi Loved guys, I am Self employed claiming UC as a couples and Minimum income floor will apply soon as start up period about to finish my partner not working si my question the MIF will apply Combined for both or only my MIF they will take to account .

Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Re: Universal Credit Minimum Income Floor If Other Partner not working

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:38 am

The minimum income floor is based on your work related requirements so can you confirm if both you and your partner are entitled to public funds? If you have any children (if so age and any health issues)? If you or partner have any health issues or caring responsibilities?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Universal Credit Minimum Income Floor If Other Partner not working

Post by JB007 » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:38 pm

Saeed5 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:08 am
Hi Loved guys, I am Self employed claiming UC as a couples and Minimum income floor will apply soon as start up period about to finish my partner not working si my question the MIF will apply Combined for both or only my MIF they will take to account .

Thank you
Here are the UC requirements that you both agreed to, to be able to have Universal Credit.
A Claimant Commitment is your record of the responsibilities that you have accepted in return for receiving Universal Credit and the consequences of not meeting them.
Your Universal Credit payments may be cut if you don’t meet your responsibilities.
If you claim Universal Credit as a couple both of you will need to accept a Claimant Commitment. You will each have your own Claimant Commitment, and yours may be affected if your partner starts work or their circumstances change.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... commitment

From your last post, it appears that you wife has ILR as she was applying for citizenship? Therefore you claimed UC as a couple and her ILR means she can have UC too. Your wife’s UC Claimant Commitment will show what her responsibilities are for payments.
It’s always worth checking for yourself: or asking for the respondent to give a link; to ensure you have the correct information.