ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit Time Frame

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rangers

Universal Credit Time Frame

Post by rangers » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Dear Group Admin And Members,
I have received my ILR(10 yrs) October 2018.Me and My wife both are working full time.We have a child age 3 as well.Last month we have applied for UC. They have checked our papers and the first payment will be on end of this month.We might get some childcare cost back(i believe & from my calculation).My question is from when they will count the time?Back in october 2018(when i have got ILR) or the day we have applied?

Even if they pay me only for the current month am i able to ask for the previous month as well because our earning was same on that period as well.

Thanks
Regards

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Universal Credit Time Frame

Post by JB007 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:33 pm

rangers wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:11 pm
Dear Group Admin And Members,
I have received my ILR(10 yrs) October 2018.Me and My wife both are working full time.We have a child age 3 as well.Last month we have applied for UC. They have checked our papers and the first payment will be on end of this month.We might get some childcare cost back(i believe & from my calculation).My question is from when they will count the time?Back in october 2018(when i have got ILR) or the day we have applied?

Even if they pay me only for the current month am i able to ask for the previous month as well because our earning was same on that period as well.

Thanks
Regards
Universal Credit can be backdated for up to one month only.

rangers

Post by rangers » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Universal Credit can be backdated for up to one month only.

Thanks for the reply,so do i need to ask for it or they will calculate it for me.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 am

rangers wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 pm

Thanks for the reply,so do i need to ask for it or they will calculate it for me.
The CAB explains how to do that on this page (scroll down) and what reasons are accepted for a backdate.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... t-is-paid/

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:07 am

I should have made it clear that you have to ask for a backdate.

From that CAB link above

You can apply to get a Universal Credit payment to cover up to 1 month before you started your claim - this is called 'backdating'. You’ll need a good reason for not claiming earlier - if you’re in a couple, you’ll both need a good reason.