ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Universal Credit vs Child tax credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

khan_81
Member of Standing

Universal Credit vs Child tax credit

Post by khan_81 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:44 pm

Hello I used to claim Universal Credit but since I bought my own house it stopped. I want to know if I can claim child tax credit some how as I can’t seem to understand this benefit system.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Universal Credit vs Child tax credit

Post by JB007 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:48 am

khan_81 wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:44 pm
Hello I used to claim Universal Credit but since I bought my own house it stopped. I want to know if I can claim child tax credit some how as I can’t seem to understand this benefit system.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
You don't gert a choice; Tax Credits are two of the six benefits that Universal Credit has replaced. Like Tax Credit, Universal Credit is a Public Fund, but has different rules and regulations.

If your Universal Credit stopped when you bought a house, I'm guessing you were claiming the housing elelement of Universal Credit for some help towards your rent?

khan_81
Member of Standing

Re: Universal Credit vs Child tax credit

Post by khan_81 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:13 pm

That’s correct I was getting the housing benefit element.