ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what benefit i am entilted to?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

niklas999
Newly Registered
Argentina

what benefit i am entilted to?

Post by niklas999 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:34 pm

Hell,

What benefit my wife is entilted to if she worked 6 months in UK and now she is pregnant in 4 months?
She holds Leave to remain she want to apply for SMP. She wants to know if she qualifies for STATUTORY MATERNITY PAY. Her employer refused to pay her Maternity leave and told her she should ask for SMP, from gov.uk. Are these 2 different right? One is from work, and one from Gov.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: what benefit i am entilted to?

Post by JB007 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:57 pm

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:21 pm

You have asked this before. She was pregnant and looking for a job. You were claiming Universal Credit and had not told them you had a partner.
claiming-benefits/pregnant-wife-t329306.html#p2073332

What hapenned about her refusal of Pre-Settled Status?
eea-route-applications/visa-extension-t ... l#p2084137

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:00 am

If your partner has pre-settled status under Appendix EU of the immigration rules then she’ll need a concurrent right to reside to access public funds, eg retained Worker status in line with St Prix. If you’re a member of a couple then it needs to be a joint claim for UC. Maternity Allowance isn’t a public fund but is based on a qualifying criteria as per - https://www.gov.uk/maternity-allowance/eligibility. Maternity Allowance is unearned income for UC and deducted £ for £.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.