Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Another deleted post.....

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba88, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, sbrennan, Administrator

Post Reply
FXR_1340
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Another deleted post.....

Post by FXR_1340 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:44 pm

It is very much apparent that the Controllers of this website do not like alternative opinion. That is clear however it does not change the facts....illegals deserve to be brought before the law and dealt with accordingly.

Much has been made on this website about how immigrants have been unfairly and unreasonably dealt with. Never, as far as I can see, is there recognition of the fact that, due to the abuse of immigration and how this, at least in part, is why these circumstances of unfairness etc have arisen.

It would be very refreshing if the Controllers would recognise and allow alternative views.

It surely can only be a matter of time before UKVI seeks warrants to access this website and the details of those confessing to their illegal status.

We can but hope.

secret.simon
Moderator
Posts: 5576
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: Another deleted post.....

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:24 pm

FXR_1340 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:44 pm
It would be very refreshing if the Controllers would recognise and allow alternative views.
I am fairly confident in stating that the moderators (not Controllers; we are not the BBC) do allow for a range of views to be aired on these forums. Even among the moderators, we have a range of opinions on the strictness or leniency of immigration law. At the same time, we are also aware that many users come to these forums with a variety of history behind them and we endeavour that all can air their side of the story and be guided by other users with similar experiences.

I understand and appreciate that the actions of a few who have broken immigration laws and rules have made life much harder for those who have done their best to comply with the laws and rules, only to see those who have broken such rules being treated more leniently than one would hope. However, the answer to that is not to badger them on a forum where they have come for help. If you feel so strongly on a matter, if passion overpowers reason, it may be better to withdraw and keep quiet and leave the topic alone rather than to harangue the posters on such a topic. Given the distress that the latter conduct can cause, both to the individual and to the wider community, you may find that your ability to contribute to these forums may be restricted.

Returning to the point at hand about another deleted post, I had a quick look through the records, but could not find any post by you being deleted or moved within the last few days. Can you provide a link to the specific thread that you believe your post was deleted from?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

FXR_1340
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: Another deleted post.....

Post by FXR_1340 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:24 pm
FXR_1340 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:44 pm
It would be very refreshing if the Controllers would recognise and allow alternative views.
I am fairly confident in stating that the moderators (not Controllers; we are not the BBC) do allow for a range of views to be aired on these forums. Even among the moderators, we have a range of opinions on the strictness or leniency of immigration law. At the same time, we are also aware that many users come to these forums with a variety of history behind them and we endeavour that all can air their side of the story and be guided by other users with similar experiences.

I understand and appreciate that the actions of a few who have broken immigration laws and rules have made life much harder for those who have done their best to comply with the laws and rules, only to see those who have broken such rules being treated more leniently than one would hope. However, the answer to that is not to badger them on a forum where they have come for help. If you feel so strongly on a matter, if passion overpowers reason, it may be better to withdraw and keep quiet and leave the topic alone rather than to harangue the posters on such a topic. Given the distress that the latter conduct can cause, both to the individual and to the wider community, you may find that your ability to contribute to these forums may be restricted.

Returning to the point at hand about another deleted post, I had a quick look through the records, but could not find any post by you being deleted or moved within the last few days. Can you provide a link to the specific thread that you believe your post was deleted from?
Thank you for having the decency to respond. The thread in question is

immigration-for-family-members/marriage ... d#p1644799

my post was third from bottom.

I can assure you that ".......those who have broken such rules being treated more leniently than one would hope...." is not the issue. Furthermore "......
harangue the posters...." is not the issue either. Quite simply that is not my style.

The post deleted referred to the hope that landlords who facilitate illegals deserve to be brought before and face the full force of the law.

I understand your point about Moderators. However given the way things are moderated it certainly looks like Controllers. For example, previously, when another of my posts was removed, I was informed that posts were not deleted and that they were simply removed from public view. That to me is dancing on a pinhead.

It has been most upsetting to view on this website the number of posts confessing to illegal immigration. Moreover when these people are then labelled as "undocumented" is merely an attempt at legitimizing the behaviour. Hardly acceptable. When a legal immigrant is harshly treated by the Authorities or where a "Dreamer" situation arises then both deserve sympathy and assistance. However when its when someone comes to UK, for example, on a Student Visa, arrives, then soon after quits the course and remains illegally, what assistance do they deserve? Particularly when it is precisely such behaviour which makes it difficult for those trying to follow due process.

Maybe its time for this website to be brought (again?) to the attention of UKVI and let them decide what to do with these illegals.

Once again I am grateful for your response to my OP.

vinny
Moderator
Posts: 26756
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: Another deleted post.....

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 am

FXR_1340 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Thank you for having the decency to respond. The thread in question is

immigration-for-family-members/marriage ... d#p1644799

my post was third from bottom.
Normally, posts are not deleted, but (split and) moved to Spam so we have a record of what the offending posts contained.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any records in the topic's logs of any post being deleted, split, moved, etc!

Not sure what had happened.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

FXR_1340
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: Another deleted post.....

Post by FXR_1340 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:22 am

vinny wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 am
FXR_1340 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Thank you for having the decency to respond. The thread in question is

immigration-for-family-members/marriage ... d#p1644799

my post was third from bottom.
Normally, posts are not deleted, but (split and) moved to Spam so we have a record of what the offending posts contained.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any records in the topic's logs of any post being deleted, split, moved, etc!

Not sure what had happened.
Thanks for your comment.

secret.simon
Moderator
Posts: 5576
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: Another deleted post.....

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Like Vinny, I also looked at the logs and could find no record of any posts of yours being deleted or moved in the past week.

It is not impossible that your post may have been affected by a browser crash or slowdown. I only say that because it has happened to me, which is why I generally keep a copy of any post in a Notepad side-by-side. My posts tend to be long and I have no interest in starting from scratch if my browser acts up.
FXR_1340 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm
It has been most upsetting to view on this website the number of posts confessing to illegal immigration. Moreover when these people are then labelled as "undocumented" is merely an attempt at legitimizing the behaviour. Hardly acceptable. When a legal immigrant is harshly treated by the Authorities or where a "Dreamer" situation arises then both deserve sympathy and assistance. However when its when someone comes to UK, for example, on a Student Visa, arrives, then soon after quits the course and remains illegally, what assistance do they deserve? Particularly when it is precisely such behaviour which makes it difficult for those trying to follow due process.
One needs to be cautious with such comments. We (both as moderators and as users) are not here to judge who "deserves" our help and who does not. A few years ago, this country had a discussion about the "deserving" poor and it did not go down very well.

It is not our role to judge how deserving or not a person is of our assistance. If we, as users, feel that we cannot advise the person of any positive actions to carry out to remedy the situation, we can keep quiet and move on to other questions where we can make a difference.
FXR_1340 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Maybe its time for this website to be brought (again?) to the attention of UKVI and let them decide what to do with these illegals.
You may not have noticed that this website is based in a non-UK EEA member-state (scroll right down to the bottom of any page) and that it would not be that easy for the UKV&I to get warrants to get information from the website, especially in the post GDPR (and soon-to-be post-Brexit) era.

Calm down. If you can help somebody out, do. Else, hold your peace.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

FXR_1340
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: Another deleted post.....

Post by FXR_1340 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:32 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 pm
Like Vinny, I also looked at the logs and could find no record of any posts of yours being deleted or moved in the past week.

It is not impossible that your post may have been affected by a browser crash or slowdown. I only say that because it has happened to me, which is why I generally keep a copy of any post in a Notepad side-by-side. My posts tend to be long and I have no interest in starting from scratch if my browser acts up.
FXR_1340 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm
It has been most upsetting to view on this website the number of posts confessing to illegal immigration. Moreover when these people are then labelled as "undocumented" is merely an attempt at legitimizing the behaviour. Hardly acceptable. When a legal immigrant is harshly treated by the Authorities or where a "Dreamer" situation arises then both deserve sympathy and assistance. However when its when someone comes to UK, for example, on a Student Visa, arrives, then soon after quits the course and remains illegally, what assistance do they deserve? Particularly when it is precisely such behaviour which makes it difficult for those trying to follow due process.
One needs to be cautious with such comments. We (both as moderators and as users) are not here to judge who "deserves" our help and who does not. A few years ago, this country had a discussion about the "deserving" poor and it did not go down very well.

It is not our role to judge how deserving or not a person is of our assistance. If we, as users, feel that we cannot advise the person of any positive actions to carry out to remedy the situation, we can keep quiet and move on to other questions where we can make a difference.
FXR_1340 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm
Maybe its time for this website to be brought (again?) to the attention of UKVI and let them decide what to do with these illegals.
You may not have noticed that this website is based in a non-UK EEA member-state (scroll right down to the bottom of any page) and that it would not be that easy for the UKV&I to get warrants to get information from the website, especially in the post GDPR (and soon-to-be post-Brexit) era.

Calm down. If you can help somebody out, do. Else, hold your peace.
That is Mr Javids problem. The rest of us can only do whats right and by so doing, maybe assist all the genuine immigrants in having each case considered more quickly.

Thanks again for your response.

Post Reply