ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for British Citizenship...currently on EEA Visa

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kavanspace

Apply for British Citizenship...currently on EEA Visa

Post by kavanspace » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:11 am

Hi all,

Back again...since the start before 5 years the forum has been helpful to me. Once again I need help...

I have EEA Family permit and my wife is polish.

Quick Rewind...

1. I arrived in UK on 24Sep2003 on Student Visa.
2. My Wife polish national came in Uk on 1stMay2004. Started work couple of monts later.
3. Got married on 7Jan05.
4. I got EEA Residence Stamp on my passport for 5 years with date shown as From Nov2005 to 20/11/2010.

Question:-

1. When can my wife, Polish Citizen apply for Naturalisation. She came in UK on 1stMay2004 and started work 2 months later. For her 5 years period is over. Can she apply now?

2. Here come the tricky bit, Can I apply for Naturalisatoin as well along with her or do I have to wait till 20/11/2010 as per my RC.
She has completed 5 years and I have completed 6 years in UK but my first 2 years was on student visa. Does it matter ???
I would prefer to apply along with her and get it all sorted together.

This time calculation is difficult bit and as usual its a bit unclear on the PDF on UKBO website.

Please help.

Kind Regards,