ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complaint about Obie political post

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Complaint about Obie political post

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:25 am

I wish to have Obie's political post removed: http://www.immigrationboards.com/austra ... 88057.html

I understand this moderator has been helpful in other forums in assisting people with their legal immigration queries.

I found Obie's political post in the Australian forum offensive, as an Australian, and against the spirit of this forum as one for people wishing to assist others in matters of legal immigration.

Obie does not live in Australia and seems to have no personal ties to Australia other than a dearly beloved hatred of the country and its people that should not be displayed here. Could this moderator please be restricted to making comments in forums more aligned with the experience and expertise that Obie has.

cool mind

Re: Complaint about Obie political post

Post by cool mind » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:44 am

I think political comments about anybody/country should not be allowed in forum and any such member should be banned or degraded. If moderator then convert him/her into guru/ordinary member.
I am not Australian but have few friends there who enjoying and working well there. Living standard and wages are better there. Australia is more easily reachable by illegals than even UK and maybe Australian government now too tired and design new remedy.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:25 am

It won't be removed. You may not agree with it, but if we ban posts which report any issues relating to government, all of the posts relating to the recent General Election and those objecting the UK political decisions would also have to be removed. Obie was reporting on news relating to world immigration.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:22 am

That remind me one of my university time friend Obinna Richard JNR having Nick name Obie from west Africa. He had good command in English language and much knowledge in various fields of life but bring politics very quickly into conservation :lol:
Maybe I found my old lost friend via forum.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:44 am

As this is in the Comments/discussion board, could I just add that it's fortunate the Australian natives didn't send the boats back out to sea when the British 'illegal immigrants' landed in 1788 to colonise New South Wales with the convicts Britain didn't want.... :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Do also consider that
Rights groups and the UN have voiced serious concerns about the policies and accuse Australia of shirking international obligations.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:11 am

I see no problem in using such strategy for a while to discourage illegal entry into Australia. Illegal entry is a crime and for securing your own borders you should use some strategies by time to time. Except Europe there are a lot countries where they straight open fire on illegal border crossers especially in Africa. Australia is more vulnerable from sea route and they already requested and negotiated too much with neighborhood but still suffering and now maybe using that techniques. I believe the more blame should be fallen on such countries to where these illegal migrants belong.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:12 pm

OP,

Political post??

It is just a link to a media article ... preceded by (what I believe is Obie's) personal opinion on how a government is handling the issue!

So, should we not allow you to post if you have a personal opinion about changes to UK immigration policies or laws? Come on ... we are all grown-ups here (I hope)! :-)

That said, I do think the title of that topic could have been better worded ...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:31 pm

Exactly sushdmehta. My personal opinion is that it's a tragic situation when human life, including the lives of innocent children means so little.
(Casa, not CR001)

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:11 pm

When knowing to death risk these illegal migrants start suicidal journey with their own hands and by violating their own national law & order & security then why the other country welcome them. Who knows among them are government wanted criminals or having rare health disease for others. Destination country is not responsible as its only their own or national government duty. More than these so called people many people from war zone countries deserve asylum especially the war zone countries where babies dying without seeing the world. I have seen a lot illegals from safer countries but use the fake ID of those from war zone countries to claim asylum.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:57 pm

My point is that the children don't have any part in the decision to make the journey.
(Casa, not CR001)

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:18 pm

Always parents/guardians/anyone who is responsible should look after their minor children by using the correct route? Minor children can't themselves start such journey, isn't it? Even a lot so called people use the minor children to fix their immigration issues.
Maybe because:
If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed".

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:37 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:Always parents/guardians/anyone who is responsible should look after their minor children by using the correct route? Minor children can't themselves start such journey, isn't it? Even a lot so called people use the minor children to fix their immigration issues.
Maybe because:
If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed".
Absolutely right that minor children can't make the decision to start the journey, which is the point I made about their suffering. I'm not sure I fully understand the relevance in your quote to children being sent back out to sea...but with respect, I leave you to your ethics about the sanctity of a child's life (or not) and I'll remain with mine.
(Casa, not CR001)

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:56 pm

But as far as obie's post then I think it is acceptable because it relates to Australian immigration & asylum system. It's same like in EU section people share news about UK such as UK leaving EU zone, ukba unfair treatment to non-eu national, tougher public benefits, domestic violence etc.
Obie has already helped many members especially retention of right under EU route.
Good to see sushdmehta back too.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:16 pm

I agree.
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:02 pm

I was totally unaware of this post .

I told the OP I had no problem with Aussies.

I have problem with the Australian Government rewarding people smuggler and refouling refugee and sending them to an isolated island, which itself is a violation of Australia's nternational obligations under the refugee convention.

Not sure why this post caused so much offense that the OP had to report me.

I clearly did not intend to cause offense to anyone

One can only imagine whether we would have Australia today , if the aborigines had stopped captain Cook from entry into their territory and sent him to East Timor or PNG .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:56 pm

Casa wrote:As this is in the Comments/discussion board, could I just add that it's fortunate the Australian natives didn't send the boats back out to sea when the British 'illegal immigrants' landed in 1788 to colonise New South Wales with the convicts Britain didn't want.... :|
Exactly Obie...that was my point too.
(Casa, not CR001)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Casa wrote:
Casa wrote:As this is in the Comments/discussion board, could I just add that it's fortunate the Australian natives didn't send the boats back out to sea when the British 'illegal immigrants' landed in 1788 to colonise New South Wales with the convicts Britain didn't want.... :|
Exactly Obie...that was my point too.
Precisely. I am not sure why aussiegoinforit wants to censor me for.

One of my purpose here is to fight for the rights of immigrant all over the world, one way i do this, is to expose those governments that seeks to violate their rights, be it in Europe , Australia, America, Asia or far east.

One could reasonably describes those colonisers as proper dregs of British society, they are nothing close to those people running from oppressive regime to claim asylum in Australia. A very clear distinctions can be made between them.

I must emphasis that this is not intended as an insult to Aussie, as they have built Australia into a beautiful place, but facts need to be told, we have to call a spade a spade.

I agree with you CASA
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors