ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to contact "board administrator"

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

highland_001
Newly Registered

how to contact "board administrator"

Post by highland_001 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:34 pm

need to contact board administrator for some issues, can somebody pls advice how to do that?

thx

Casa

Re: how to contact "board administrator"

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:40 pm

As you haven't made 30 posts you are unable to send the Board Administrator a PM. Do you want to say what the 'issues' are, for a Moderator to do this on your behalf?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

highland_001
Newly Registered

Post by highland_001 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:24 pm

Casa wrote:As you haven't made 30 posts you are unable to send the Board Administrator a PM. Do you want to say what the 'issues' are, for a Moderator to do this on your behalf?

thx CASA it was for pm

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:37 pm

The Board Adminstrator has only recently made the change to the PM facility, raising the number to 30. There were several reasons for this decision, so it will remain set at this for the foreseeable future.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:01 pm

Casa wrote:The Board Adminstrator has only recently made the change to the PM facility, raising the number to 30. There were several reasons for this decision, so it will remain set at this for the foreseeable future.
The PM system is fine for banter etc, but I still get lots asking for off-thread advice, which I ignore.

If it's thread-related in my book, it should stay on the board, and people using the PM system for individual advice for me, can do one so don't bother asking me.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:04 pm

highland_001 wrote:need to contact board administrator for some issues, can somebody pls advice how to do that?

thx
Posting IN CAPITALS!!! or else hijacking someone else's thread or asking about tax & tier 1 usually does the trick.

(Just kidding!)
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:22 pm

Actually...that won't work either. The Board Administrator doesn't get involved with moderating. :wink:
(Casa, not CR001)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:29 pm

There is a specific area within these forums for such requests.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/commen ... ion-board/
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

tildy
Newly Registered

Post by tildy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:17 am

Sorry for the question, but I need to contact with a moderator, pm obviously doesn't work for me because of lack of comments, but I don't want to make a duplicate post for an update, but I don't have an edit button for my post. How can I update my post in this case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:23 pm

tildy wrote:Sorry for the question, but I need to contact with a moderator, pm obviously doesn't work for me because of lack of comments, but I don't want to make a duplicate post for an update, but I don't have an edit button for my post. How can I update my post in this case?
Which post and in which forum. Members are unable to 'edit' their posts. You can use the 'quote' button and that will create a new post in the thread, do the update and submit it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tildy
Newly Registered

Post by tildy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
tildy wrote:Sorry for the question, but I need to contact with a moderator, pm obviously doesn't work for me because of lack of comments, but I don't want to make a duplicate post for an update, but I don't have an edit button for my post. How can I update my post in this case?
Which post and in which forum. Members are unable to 'edit' their posts. You can use the 'quote' button and that will create a new post in the thread, do the update and submit it.
Naturalisation processing timeline http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1294276

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:58 am

You can't edit it. Click on the 'quote' button, update the detail and it will appear as the latest post in the thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 am

Hi i am trying to contact moderator CR001 i would like to know why you have locked the thread spouse visa on hold due to a number of people who are not adhereing to the rules how is this people like our fault why would you not remove those people instead of locking the thread.the thread was very helpfull to me and i dont think its very fair you just locking the thread its very unprofessional amd un acceptable as a moderator you should not by no means abuse your power you are monitering the threads but who is monitering your work it is unfair to us genuine people that we can not get the support we require from the thread that you have know locked due to you lack of understand that not everyone is the same and if someone is abusing the rules then not all of us should be punished.this i believe was a bad judgment call amd i think you should unlock the thread and remove the people who are giving there numbers or going of topic.please respond promptly and i would like to be contacted by the board administrator.

Thank you and good day

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 am

Mash17101 wrote:Hi i am trying to contact moderator CR001 i would like to know why you have locked the thread spouse visa on hold due to a number of people who are not adhereing to the rules how is this people like our fault why would you not remove those people instead of locking the thread.the thread was very helpfull to me and i dont think its very fair you just locking the thread its very unprofessional amd un acceptable as a moderator you should not by no means abuse your power you are monitering the threads but who is monitering your work it is unfair to us genuine people that we can not get the support we require from the thread that you have know locked due to you lack of understand that not everyone is the same and if someone is abusing the rules then not all of us should be punished.this i believe was a bad judgment call amd i think you should unlock the thread and remove the people who are giving there numbers or going of topic.please respond promptly and i would like to be contacted by the board administrator.

Thank you and good day
On top of that, you're not allowed to create another thread that discusses the on-hold problem especially when this a problem that LOTS of people have been facing recently. It's one thing to ban people that have broken forum rules, but entirely another to just blanket ban the whole thread and any subsequent threads there after.

This is all starting to feel a bit draconian if I must be honest. I hope the mods will be understanding and allow us to create a new thread for all those people awaiting decisions.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Ive just received an email stating that my complaint has been closed and to contact CR001 how can i when i cant even pm him as i lack the 30 comments looks to me that the moderators arnt doing there job properly.id like the board administrator to contat me so i can air my views.This to me feels like an abuse of power and should not be allowed at all its very un fair and hope that the administrator can unlock and the thread all the people that have been locked please pixel rage please pm them to lodge there complaints so this issue can be sorted as this is un fair and un just.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Mash17101 wrote:Ive just received an email stating that my complaint has been closed and to contact CR001 how can i when i cant even pm him as i lack the 30 comments looks to me that the moderators arnt doing there job properly.id like the board administrator to contat me so i can air my views.This to me feels like an abuse of power and should not be allowed at all its very un fair and hope that the administrator can unlock and the thread all the people that have been locked please pixel rage please pm them to lodge there complaints so this issue can be sorted as this is un fair and un just.
Hi Mash,

I can't PM CR001 or anyone for that matter because my PM privilege has been revoked and I don't know why that is so. Again, no explanation whatsoever.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:06 pm

pixelrage09 wrote:
Mash17101 wrote:Ive just received an email stating that my complaint has been closed and to contact CR001 how can i when i cant even pm him as i lack the 30 comments looks to me that the moderators arnt doing there job properly.id like the board administrator to contat me so i can air my views.This to me feels like an abuse of power and should not be allowed at all its very un fair and hope that the administrator can unlock and the thread all the people that have been locked please pixel rage please pm them to lodge there complaints so this issue can be sorted as this is un fair and un just.
Hi Mash,

I can't PM CR001 or anyone for that matter because my PM privilege has been revoked and I don't know why that is so. Again, no explanation whatsoever.
All members who were singled out and specifically named/mentioned in the last post in the topic that was locked (link below), have had their PM privilege disabled. Perhaps if members follow the forum rules, post appropriately/accordingly, stopped creating new topics and stopped being stroppy and ranting at mods when we do our jobs etc, then we might consider reinstating it. But until all these members prove themselves again, PM privilege will remain withdrawn. Be grateful all of these members were not banned.
unitedkingdom12
Raj86
Mohsin1987ali
hus7876
qwerty85
pixelrage09
missvancity,
shid786
rvg
bham
All
tarunmsn

immigration-for-family-members/uk-spous ... g#p1499855
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:19 pm

Understood would apreciate it if you would unlock the thread again and im sure all the above member have learnt there lesson and wont break the rules this thread im sure you can appreciate is very helpfull as we are all in the same position im sure everyone who has broken is very apologetic.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Mash17101 wrote:Understood would apreciate it if you would unlock the thread again and im sure all the above member have learnt there lesson and wont break the rules this thread im sure you can appreciate is very helpfull as we are all in the same position im sure everyone who has broken is very apologetic.

Thanks.
As user 'pixelrage09' has (again) opened a new topic (link below), this is the one that will remain open. The other one will remain locked but I will reference the links in each topics for members. The rules for such a topic will also be posted and it will be monitored daily.

immigration-for-family-members/still-wa ... 34104.html

Members should also remember that they are not alone or unique, we as mods (most of us) have also been through the immigration process so don't ever assume we don't know what members are going through!!

There are only 2/3 mods actively moderating topics/sub forums daily (especially the ones like that one locked), some appreciation of what we do across ALL the sub forums will not go amiss.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:37 pm

While I can appreciate your frustration at being at the receiving end because of other people's errors, use the of the phrase "abuse of power" is wrong.
You have signed up by accepting some terms and conditions for your participation here. Those terms and conditions included the right of the moderators to lock a thread - so it is well within their rights to do so and cannot be an "abuse".

Having said that, this forum is doing a great service. It is free and the moderators and other contributors are doing this on a voluntary basis (at least that is my understanding).
For them to take some necessary steps to make this forum one that more people can participate and benefit has to be supported rather than railed against.

That is my 2 cents for what it is worth.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.