ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IP banned

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

WR1

IP banned

Post by WR1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:18 pm

I am having problems accessing this forum from my smartphone using the mobile network on O2. I can access it using wifi on my smartphone but not via 3G/4G on the O2 mobile network and I have no issues using my laptop.

I keep getting the "You have been permanently banned from this board.....A ban has been issued on your IP address" issue. This was never a problem in 2015 but started at the beginning of this year 2016. Can the IP address be unbloked (I have never been banned as far as I'm aware):

IP 10.67.185.178

Thanks.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Re: IP banned

Post by WR1 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Any moderators?
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 pm

WR1 wrote:I keep getting the "You have been permanently banned from this board.....A ban has been issued on your IP address" issue. This was never a problem in 2015 but started at the beginning of this year 2016. Can the IP address be unbloked (I have never been banned as far as I'm aware):

Thanks.
I am not a mod & can't comment on the apparent 'ban'.

I understand the forum (or perhaps the forum hosting service) uses various blacklists (eg Barracuda Central);
it maybe the IP in question is in a range that is (for whatever reason) listed on such a list.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:42 pm

noajthan wrote:I am not a mod & can't comment on the apparent 'ban'.

I understand the forum (or perhaps the forum hosting service) uses various blacklists (eg Barracuda Central);
it maybe the IP in question is in a range that is (for whatever reason) listed on such a list.
That was my initial thought. My network operator sent updates to my phone settings including the internet settings and I would imagine this has changed the IP address which is why i cannot access this forum. As mentioned, this is not an issue when I'm connected via wifi on my smartphone and was not an issue before the updates. The assigned IP seems to be a banned one for whatever reason.

I may have to PM a moderator in order to get their attention as they have been frequent on other subforums since my initial post.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:49 pm

You are not banned, otherwise you would not be able to access the forum. An IP is banned, which is likely a mobile operator range of IP. It would have been banned due to another or other users being banned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:16 pm

I realise it's the IP that has been banned, and not myself. Any way of getting the IP unblocked?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:21 am

No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:36 pm

So I'm stuck with not being able to access the forums from my mobile device on 3G/4G

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:44 pm

WR1 wrote:So I'm stuck with not being able to access the forums from my mobile device on 3G/4G
If you can use a VPN you can present a different IP.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:04 am

noajthan wrote:
WR1 wrote:So I'm stuck with not being able to access the forums from my mobile device on 3G/4G
Yes, currently using a proxy, but didn't really want to discuss the subject as the moderators may see it as a way of bypassing the ban for users that may have been banned for breaching forum rules.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 am

WR1 wrote:
noajthan wrote:
Yes, currently using a proxy, but didn't really want to discuss the subject as the moderators may see it as a way of bypassing the ban for users that may have been banned for breaching forum rules.
Don't worry. When a member is banned, more than just the IP address is blocked.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:18 am

There are ofcourse legitimate reasons for use of VPN etc; I work for a transnational organisation and the corporate VPN presents me as being in France (or sometimes Atlanta) even if I am not.

aragon

Post by aragon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:18 am

Got the same problem... Phone ip is showing blocked when using my 3G network(giff gaff). Works fine when using wifi.

How to sort this out?

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:39 pm

aragon wrote:Got the same problem... Phone ip is showing blocked when using my 3G network(giff gaff). Works fine wwifi.

How to sort this out?
giff gaff runs on the O2 network so same issue. Further to the moderator's post, it seems they do not have a solution to the problem. Only way round is using a VPN/proxy server.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:03 pm

aragon wrote:Works fine when using wifi.
Or use wifi.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Agnieszka
Newly Registered

Post by Agnieszka » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:32 pm

Anyone Could help please my ID is banned too